Practicing Gratitude 5.16.20

Memory Lane. Thankful for this guy and friends who saw fit to deem me an honorary Pi Phi
- If this is my thank you for hosting reunion, I'll do it every year

- "God shots" in Numbers - God hates complaining, and he also (sometimes) gives very specific instructions 

- Blue tassels on garments - "so you will remember all the commands of the Lord." I'm not the only one who needs constant reminders. (also from Numbers)

- More memory lane. Wowzers what this brings back
circa '94-95
- Love love love working from home


- He bought this outfit for real

- Adam's mom making sure we're making senior baseball memories one way or another
Goodness there's a lot of seniors
 - A boy and his dog

 - Celebrating John's signing
OK Wesleyan-bound
 - Hud's fav is blooming

 - These showed up on my window sill, with a "please don't move the lettuce stalks mom, they're so pretty." I'll let you guess which kid
(hint - blonde nature lover)
 - Bran asking Daboo if she needed help with anything  - and she did!
 - Essie's darling, tiny find

- How he multi-tasks while on a conference call

- This bird, this nest. I am inspired.

- "You have not been left to secure your own future, because God in his grace has secured an end to your story more glorious than you can grasp."  - P. Tripp

- A continued letting go of (and crashing of) false idols 

- Hud - Salutatorian. Wow wow wow. That the Lord saw it fit to publicly honor his hard work and much sacrifice. Thank you, Father. 

- Both girls signed up for two weeks at Kanakuk - I am just giddy they get to experience Kamp. 


- Corbin wearing a certain baseball hat for the first time since Jan 2019. I had no idea. 

- All kids home for Mother's day, along with both grandmoms. Corbin planning lunch, even with being gone the last 3 days with my BU friends here. Sweet words around the table, all four kids with tears. Joy's note. 


Olive wood rolling pin I'd had my eye on - tricky for Corbin to get during Corona but he managed





- Kanakuk AND Sky Ranch CO open this summer! 

- My discouragement, Corbin's timely and comforting words. Just right. 

- Reminders that I care more about living under our means than I care about trendy clothes and home decor. And that I care more about my children's hearts and maturity than about outward performance and reputation. Sometimes these feel like upside down truths, but they are the truth. 

- Giving people the benefit of the doubt - worth it. Especially when they do the same for me.

- B's lunch

- "Never forget that what God required you couldn't do. Christ did it for you. His grace is your hope." - P. tripp

- Driving east to 30A...

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles...   1 Chronicles 16:11-12