- Praise God Summer is HERE
- Kids all tucked away in amazing places - Bran in Victoria, Hud at Sky Ranch CO, and Basden at Frontier - so very grateful for these incredible opportunities for them
- Looking ahead to a relatively quiet week at home...
- Watching super regional games ALL DAY yesterday on the back patio with Corbin, definition of Sabbath
- Coming off of such a difficult winter and spring for multiple reasons, summer right this minute feels lighter. Getting out of bed with a spring in my step and my heart feels light. Doesn't have to be this way but I am not taking that for granted
- Corbin's landscaping work - and Juan (!)
- Nick Mo taking his crew across the Pacific to Frontier Ranch - for anyone who desires an eternal investment in their extra pennies send them to YL Kauai
- Con and Hil, Noah and Nixon here last week, miss them already
|Connor's extra big smile just for Bran|
- Annie Downs (in particular her podcast) - goodness she's a hard worker and a breath of fresh air
- Victoria Harbourcats! Coach Todd Haney and Coach Ian Sanderson and all the coaching staff, the Kent host family, such an incredible opportunity for Bran to spend the summer there playing ball
- Hud looking into a summer of adventure full of camps and incredible opportunities. First summer in 10+ years not to play summer baseball and he's taking full advantage of it, so thankful he gets to breathe a little with school out (and my two hours alone with him in the car last Sun taking him to Van)
|so proud of him, so grateful he gets two weeks at camp|
- Heather following Basden's bus into Frontier from BV, and then taking a welcome video for me - too much. I am just dying she gets the week there, thank you for welcoming her sweet Heather!
|Basden with Heather and Taylor - I met both Heather and Taylor's mom (Whitney Wilson/Jones) at Frontier in 1989|
- Our Spare Change for graduation gifts (and ultimately, Hillary and Danielle's commitment to hard work and taking risks)
- Now this is a FIRST for our fam - Paschal Cheerleading!
- This birthday girl, she is pretty incredible
- The one and only Zach Shaw, and that he's here again to work with HSM this summer
- God's daily provision of grace and wisdom. We are taking one day at a time with multiple decisions for our kiddos and family and even for myself, but He keeps giving us what we need each day. I've stopped asking for bigger picture, He knows what we need and when we need it. And He keeps showing up generously
- “I wish your care was always easy, predictable, safe, a cool drink, a soft pillow, but you are too wise and loving, too committed to your work of transforming grace. So your gracious care comes to me in uncomfortable forms: the redeeming care of disappointment, the unexpected trial, suffering, loss. These things don’t tell me you’re cold hearted and absent, uninvolved. No, each is a sign of your zealous grace. You care enough to break my bones in order to capture my heart." - Paul Tripp, New Morning Mercies
- That through all of this, the really good and really hard, Corbin lives with me in an understanding way
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles... 1 Chronicles 16:11-12