Our Last Tanglewood Lap

Walking down the Tanglewood Elementary steps on that bright sunny day, we thanked Mr. Williams for the school tour and he assured us, “I will know your car, your husband’s car, and Branson’s grandparents’ cars.”
I believed him.
Corbin and I looked at each other knew we were thinking the same thing. Why would we not do this? Why not move Branson here from the small private school for first grade? It felt big, but it also felt like home, felt like our own elementary school experiences.
And twelve years later looking through the rear view mirror, it was absolutely the right, right, right thing to do.
Our kids have thrived through this school community, our family has thrived, and we are so grateful.

Essie’s Fifth Grade promotion is upon us, and with it the end of an era. Feels like a lot that she’s moving on to middle school, but even more that our family is waving goodbye to elementary school.

Esther is a funny mix of very much being a little girl, but on the precipice of adolescence. Probably every one of her classmates’ parents would say the same. But more so than with my other children, because she’s the baby, I still look at her as small and young and vulnerable. Even now she sneaks in our bed during thunderstorms, prefers little kids cups and plates, and sleeps with her blankie. And I’m not in a hurry to curb those little girl habits.
anxious to be a Tiger like her sister and brothers
First day of kindergarten
Mrs. Plotner's (my high school friend) kinder class
I picked out my own Valentines outfit
Thanksgiving feast
Sharing about her Swedish ancestry (darling costume, Daboo!)
Nurse Skinner (also my high school friend) ~ cares for tender boo boos and for tender hearts






Artapalooza ~ nothing like it

5th grade

Wamstads after school everyday
Moms in Prayer - praying over 5th graders
Who doesn't love Mr. Williams?!

Goodbye Tanglewood, how you enriched our family