It takes practice.
But that gratitude tempers everything, changes everything.
So here goes.
- My favorite writing perch ~ this scenic backyard
- Hearing laughter from the pool house ~ at this very moment it's Connor, Hillary, Preston, Chase and Essie
- Thick skin and that it's really not terribly thick
- A perfectly-timed call from Jessica. And learning how lobsters grow.
- An hour of Ga Ga Ball last night with all four kids, Connor and Hannah. We all came out pretty drenched with sweat. These spring evenings are just gorgeous.
- Tanner staying with us for the month of April... what a gem
|Essie roped Tanner into watching her latest twirling routine|
- Where she does her homework just to be close to me
- Mama cooking dinner for Bran and Hud
- Kids so independent with their schoolwork
- Corbin and Hud's visit to meet baby Elena Gerrish
- Wileys taking Basden along to Six Flags ~ what fun
- These two cuties
- Corbin's job. And even while demanding, he loves it so much
- Our get-away to both Austin (WithYou retreat) and COS - Broadmoor
- Time with Kurt and Jennifer in Colorado Springs ~ refreshing
- Four days at the Broadmoor... just a bit of Heaven
- Watching War Room with our Moms in Prayer group. Such an inspiring film.
- Betsy's flowers (from our MIP group) and her note, and how timely that encouragement felt.
- That we’re about as happy as we decide to be.
- Reading Ben Carson’s autobiography (again). I just love his mom.
- Girls enjoying practicing volleyball together
- And the trampoline...
- Essie and her "besties"
- Hud's 8th grade track season, qualifying for City, and battling his hip and back muscles those last few weeks. Difficult to watch, but I'm practicing thankfulness in all things.
|Anchor on the relays|
|He is FUN to watch run|
|Love this kid|
|Bran trying to encourage him when Hud's hip muscles kept him from competing. Tears in those brown eyes.|
- Another visit to sweet Baby Elena
- Psalm 37:5 - Commit your way to Me, trust in Me, and I will do it. Father, that I can trust You with the “clutter” of the fullness of life. Thank you for examples of Rachel and Dayna who also LLL and show me examples that it can be done with grace.
- That she loves to read! I've got one out of four... I'll take it! (and the verdict is still out with Essie... she just may become a reader yet)
- Mama and Papa taking Hud to Franklin, TX for a baseball tournament, and then Daboo taking him. Lots of grandparents to cheer him on.
- Connor and Hillary
|How much we adore these two|
- Watching Basden cheer on her volleyball teammates
- 21st Baylor Reunion at Brandon and Kirsten's Green Acres retreat
|Getting to meet up with another BU reunion group... amazing gals|
- Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are the work of your hand. Is 64:8.
- Juanelle ~ one of the most brilliant examples to me of being willing clay in Your hand
- Bran surprising Adeline for her prom
- Daboo buying Bran’s plane tix to ATL in exchange for painting her porch.
|Packed for ATL, headed to pitch before catching his plane|
|One of his favorite places|
|Adeline and Bran with Kristin and Eric|
|Uncle Trey & Bran|
|Thanks, Amy and Trey, and happy anniversary!|
- Misty Davis and her tremendous work on that luncheon!
- Mama, Papa, and Daboo taking care of the kiddos with us gone (and Cappy - I know you're working!)
- How encouraged Essie felt for Coach Baxter to think she's fast
- Finding Esther's pictures on my camera
- More pics by Essie on my camera... our great friends and neighbors
- Corrie's work at church and showing up for family events
- Coach Thomas and all of his generous rides for Hudson to baseball practices
- Danika ~ awesome friend
|grateful for this friend and next-door-neighbor|
- Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lam 3:22-26
- Cappy and Papa loaning their cars to Bran
- PHS coaches
- Yelling and cackling and laughing sounds from the front driveway ~ Connor schooling Basden and Esther in a late evening basketball game
- PHS dodgeball tournament
|Essie and her team of ALL boys|
|Basden and 6th gr team ~ darling girls|
|Hud's 8th grade team|
- Another Purple Panthers season... some really great teammates
- Basden's creative, ever-changing hair styles
- Grieving and growing, and trusting that they go hand in hand
- Good friends
- Light at the end of the tunnel with school... exactly one month to go
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles... 1 Chronicles 16:11-12