- Tanglewood trees in the fall. Breathtaking.
- Taking an hour or so for a walk on a gorgeous day.
|Sad to think of her outgrowing this|
- Hud’s basketball team's narrow WIN against YMLA - such a fun game to watch!
- Watching all the 6th grade girls scurry into school in their "free dress" ugly Christmas sweaters.
- Our US mail. Amazing they still go door to door. Not much tops receiving a personal package or hand-written letter.
- Watching Hud with our new camera ~ hours already of practicing and experimenting
- Hud forgetting his lunch today, and Connor being so willing to drop it at his school (made me so happy, esp after running three kids to school!)
- Trent picking up Bran this morning (and so many other mornings!)
- Watching my kids' struggling grades ~ an opportunity for You to teach me to parent well, an opportunity to trust You.
- An impromptu picnic with Hud (who was so thrilled to take this pic)
- Bran hosting the Gathering here ~ a privilege to host something for high school kids who are looking to spend a Saturday night at a worship service. That his best friends came, and Zach sharing his testimony.
- Cozy home, cozy fireplace, Advent candles, Christmas music. So many thousands of Christians displaced around the world, I am so grateful for a warm and comfortable home.
- The Moores taking all our 8th grade boys to see Toby Mac in concert - he didn't disappoint!
- Things going smoothly even with Corbin in Chicago for several days. Kids are getting older, more responsible, and are helpful taking care of themselves and of me.
- Finishing our Moms in Prayer Christmas video ~ special to me to hear so many of our teachers and administrators describe why they value prayer over our school. And God was so good to provide time and motivation for me to put it together. A treasure.
- Corbin making my birthday special, even on the heels of coming in from a business trip.
|This birthday banner ~ someone hung it for me??!|
|Corbin armed kids with silly string, balloons and noise makers on the balcony, waiting for me at 11pm on a school night|
|Happily attacked by silly string - on carpeted stairs!|
- My new love ~ Jason (as in Jason Bourne, who can do accomplish amazing feats) ~ my new Roomba vacuum!
- A playdate with Meggie ~ sweet friends
- My Friday night birthday dinner at Bourland ~ Mom’s beef stew and homemade cake. Relaxing to be out there.
- Southcliff's Singing Christmas Tree ~ watching Mom sing, getting to see Paulette, Alicia, and Dianna and Charles.
|Over 20 years of enjoying this tradition|
|"Christmas in Cowtown" theme ~ Mom in her red hat|
- Connor and how he continually jumps in and helps.
- How dearly we love Young Life. And Nickmo. Capping off the semester with "Mr. Christmas Tree"
|Bran participated in a skit and made a video to promote his buddy Noah as the best candidate|
|Noah is indeed crowned "Mr. Christmas Tree"|
|Zach, Bran, Noah and TJ|
- Basden and her friends enjoying Wyldlife. So grateful for Bryan, Jace and Brad especially.
- Chase and Hannah carving out time to come to Hud’s games.
- Essie constantly snuggling with our pups ~ Ruby napping here right on top of her
- Sunday family brunch on the porch with Reed, Connor, and Kristin. Corbin making a huge brunch, lots of mouths to feed, lots of story telling, super lively.
- Esther’s 1st twirling competition in Austin. Time with Daboo and Esther in the middle of crazy December. Her nerves totally surprised her ("Mom, something is really wrong with my tummy ~ it hurts, and my baton is slipping right out of my hands!") but she overcame them and got 2nd place in her solo, 4th place overall.
|Older girls were super kind to Es, and Mrs. Vicky Ray rocks. We have the best and classiest teacher in the state.|
|Getting to watch and meet Baylor's feature twirler, competing in the collegiate division|
- My son's friend generously and authentically encouraging him. The exact words I want him to hear, but through a perhaps more influential person at this point in time.
- Basden's diligence with her school work.
- Watching Hud play basketball. He's not the most skilled on the court, but he's scrappy.
- Basden's school choir Christmas concert ~ lovely evening
|Harper and Basden - thankful for this friendship|
|Moms get in the pic! Adore this family|
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles... 1 Chronicles 16:11-12