Practicing Gratitude 3.23.15

- The first "Gathering" here last weekend. An hour or so of worship for high school students, organized by these talented kiddos. Really special.  

Essie got to sing a couple of "Ellie Holcomb" solos
Basden, Kelcy, Essie and Hannah
- Lisa's gentle reminder, just a few months out from losing Shirley Mama, to not take our parents (and their role of grandparents) for granted.

- Saturday afternoon with Randy and Lindsay and their sweet girls. First time to get to meet baby Kinley (barely pictured - in her Momma's arms in background!)
Allie, Basden and Morgan
- 2 "new" antique keys

- Our Easter tree, inspired by Carol Brazo in her chapter on "Lent" in No Ordinary Home. Maybe we didn't get it decorated until day 27, but hey - it's up before Holy Week. Love this tradition of reciting God's stories from Genesis to Revelation.

- Vacuuming up Essie's tooth in the car wash while she was at gymnastics. She'd lost it in the car on the way to gymnastics. Oops. Before bed, when I explained and apologized, she said tearfully, "That was the tooth I was going to save to show to my children."
Her solution for the Tooth fairy
- Small group pizza dinner


- I wouldn't have believed it, and I wouldn't have planned it this way, but there are some blessings to four kids sharing a bathroom.

- Young Life's paint wars!



- Hud's track meets - oh my gosh he is fun for us to watch. Such a treat. Anchor in 3 relays. 



Love this kid
- How quickly the Lord can clear my heart of bitterness ~ I just have to get out of myself long enough to remember to ask Him.

- How Friday evening found them


- When Moses asked the Lord who will go with him when he leads the people (he sounds exasperated), and the Lord says, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest” Ex 33:14. That looking into a full day, a full week, I can count on His presence AND His rest.

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles...   1 Chronicles 16:11-12