Practicing Gratitude 2.23.15

- That when I remember to ask Him (and even when I don't), God provides in the most uncanny, specific, tiny detailed ways. That He cares about my specific needs, that it's not His best for me to feel overwhelmed, without His help.

- That it's worth it to pay a few extra cents for name-brand saran wrap.

- That deep hurts do indeed begin healing with time.

- Great neighbors are a really big deal.


18 years at JPS of collecting stories and building relationships
- A really sweet family good-bye dinner from Corbin's JPS office

- This fantastic prayer from Treasury of Praise ~ "May my thinking and my loyalties and my plans be centered in You and Your Word, letting You show me how to use my time, where to focus my attention, and how to handle my emotions."

- Mitchell's accidental intervention... grateful for the way the Lord blesses our family through this TCU senior.

- Bran's alumni scrimmage - fun to see him playing guys (and friends of ours) our age - yikes!
First time to wear new uniforms


- What better than a MONDAY for a snow day!
Not much snow, but the roads seem pretty icey


- Matinee of "Shadow Recruit" at a neighbor's in the middle of a Monday (!)

- Trader's around the corner.

- Jadon Lavik's hymn album. Played over and over and over.

- Neighbors who rescue our dogs ~ again.

- Sledding at Foster Park, that it's still fun for the kids.

- What snow days provide ~ family time, lots of movies, stove-popped popcorn, playing Anomia.

- A "snow day" night at home with Daddy's German pancakes ~ not quite as drowned in butter as Old South's, but totally yummy

 - To pray over my children: "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you many know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." Eph 1:18-19

- A reminder to pay attention to the beauty of our kiddos:


Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles...   1 Chronicles 16:11-12




Comments