- A new start. The new year, and with it, new patterns and a new beginning.
- Nikki sharing this quote ~ lovely thought to starting a new year.
- Corbin feeling better after bronchitis and ear infections. Medicine is amazing!
- Me on the road to recovery... we've all been limping into the new year with sickness and injuries. But at least the cold weather is great for staying in and watching movies.
- Mama and Papa sick at home in Eagle's Nest, prompting Essie's additional note scrawled under mine on our kitchen message board
- Basden giving Corbin the You are Special Plate last night ~ for the difficult job of telling his doctors and department yesterday that he’ll be leaving JPS.
- Radiology Associates. The Lord's hand of provision. Just incredible and we are so grateful.
- Hud studying diligently and taking care of his responsibilities, whew.
- Elvia coming today ~ after a month ~ helps me so much. She is just the best.
- How sweet Essie is with these pups. Ruby wants all the attention she can get.
- My blow-up with an issue in our home last night. Brings me to dependence on you (again).
- A near-constant fire in the fireplace.
- New mercies every morning.
- PHS football banquet, and that Bran is enjoying it so much.
|Paschal football coaches presenting awards|
|Freshman team with a successful 9-1 season|
- A text from Bran: "My hair looks super-mullety today."
I had to ask if that was bad or good.
It was good. According to him.
|Meggie and Essie ~ cuties|
|Saturday morning -a house full|
- Basden studying so hard for her Social Studies test, and Essie working on her science packet while I was upstairs in bed sick. And of course, Basden totally helping Essie with that packet. Such an amazing big sister to do that completely on her own.
- A short week this week, no school fri or mon for MLK. Haven't even been back for two weeks, and we already need another break.
- Branson's braces-free smile. One down, three more to go! But - a process made all the more enjoyable with John Kelley and his team.
- Wed mornings with Victoria.
- American Idol. We still love it.
- Bran helping lead worship last Sunday in High School Ministries ~ a privilege to worship with him in that way.
- Lori bringing dinner - what a tremendous gift. So thankful for friends who offer, and that I've learned to accept the help.
-Melanie's prayers with Essie, her heart for the kids. She is such a GIFT.
- “Come to Me, and rest in my loving Presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you - now and always. Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, yet you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur. Do not multiply your suffering in this way! Instead, come to me, and relax in my peace. I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust.” - Jesus Calling, Jan 16th
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles... 1 Chronicles 16:11-12