- Our Christmas in Cowtown tradition ~ missing half a day of school to shop together. This year we got Daboo and Mama along for the outing.
- Ryan and Jordan, your work in their life, their hope in you. Great expectations.
- Your Word as a solution to loving people well when my flesh just won't do it. This morning it means dwelling on these Scripture to rid resentment:
Phil 4:8-9 - Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy - think on these things... brings God’s peace.
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Eph 4:2-3
- Nay Nay's birthday, an excuse to get together with the Wolfes and so many great families. Love little Nathan.
- Basden playing volleyball - she absolutely loves it. We've held the girls off from doing many organized sports, but Basden was r-e-a-d-y for her own team.
- Continued Panther football successes, continued physical protection, thankful.
|This kid. Special.|
|#27 - Branson - he's pretty special too.|
- Cardinals success and protection as well...
|Getting the tackle|
|Trying to avoid the tackle....|
- Sweet attitudes to spend their weeknights at football fields
- A great community (and fantastic moms) to share the stands with
- Basden's fascination with styling hair - even her own. This gene passed straight down from her Auntie Cameron.
- Friday early morning practices, cup of coffee in hand, sitting alone in the McLean stands watching. And that I can take the time to be there.
|Hudda - #42 practice jersey|
- This cutie; an everyday scene from my view. So thankful she's only 8. My little sidekick.
- All dressed up, breakfast after practice, ready for game day.
- Then getting home more than 14 hours after being dropped at school... late night dinner without even taking backpack off first. Then, without complaint, on to finish homework. Very full season, grateful for his diligence.
- Agh! That Jill is expecting - who hoo!
- Shirley Mama's service celebrating her beautiful life. Can't quite wrap my mind around her earthly absence. Incredible legacy through the Hotchkiss family. Two of Shirley's life statements that have stayed with me: "It's more important to be kind than to be right." And, "One of the kindest things you can do is to listen to something you already know."
|Essie's tender heart to pray for Shirley and the Hotchkisses|
- An hour or so at the park with Daboo and Essie practicing her soccer shots. A real treat to have that un-rushed time.
- Friday morning donuts (thanks, Marty!)
- Sunday afternoon Ranger game (tickets given to us, thank you, Dr. Nelms) ~ and running into the Anderson men - a treat.
- Bran taking ownership over his schoolwork; adjusting to high school work load.
- Basden getting to host CCBC's Fishstix (5th and 6th) group for a girls night out. Sweet girls, hardly knew they were here. Our youth leaders rock. Not only in regards to pouring into kids, but also cleaning up after parties (!)
- Kevin taking Hud and his middle school friends to lunch every Thursday. And that he did it with Bran the past two years before this. So grateful for Kevin, Ryan, and Michael, Mitchell, Coach Manks (and more) from church committed to building into our boys.
- ALL of my kiddos getting up and out the door Friday morn - after getting home last night after 11pm. Absolutely hated waking them. Basden was up by 5:30am to study for a test, Hud left by 6:15, girls went early at 7:20 for Basden to take that test, and then Bran went by 8. Goodness. With Corbin in Dallas, I'm extra thankful for a smooth morning.
- Anticipating Thanksgiving with my brothers and their families. Cannot wait.
- My poor Baylor pumpkin - Oct Texas heat is a little too much.
|Posting this on FB got me into some trouble - all those TCU fans (my DEAR friends!) making fun... but our Bears pulled through|
|Headed home to watch the big game. Had no idea the range of emotions ahead...|
|Bears did not disappoint. In fact, they pulled off a miraculous last ten minutes.|
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles... 1 Chronicles 16:11-12