- "Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is Christ. From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows, and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." Eph 4:15-16
- Bran - funny boy. I drove a rental car for a week or so this summer while my car was in the shop. Even though I upgraded the size twice, it was still tiny. This text popped up on my phone on the way home from church, with Bran in the back seat right behind me.
- A visit from the Keisters! They stopped by on their way back to Amarillo from Baylor's first game in the new stadium. So even though we didn't get to attend the game, we got a detailed report. Cannot wait to take part at some point. But in the meantime, we absolutely love this family.
- Ready for soccer practice (!)
- Our Angel Fire cousins and Milka. We've known Milka longer than any of them.
- Ellie Holcomb! She is so darling, oh gosh - we all feel like we're her best friends. And I've not even met her. Her concert was just fabulous.
- Thank you that even at 41, you’re teaching me that my value is not in what others think of me, but in what YOU think of me.
- Dad at a fly-in in Utah. His happy place.
|Dad's home-crafted pride and joy|
|And - if I'm ever wondering - yes, there are others like him.|
|First play of first high school game, Bran #27|
|Personal cheering section ~ Shaun and Nickmo are the best|
|We've got a few players|
|Decisive win over South Hills, 54-0|
- Heavenly Father, that while we only see the surface, you see and know all that’s going on behind the scenes. Your ability to “do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within us.”
- First ask to Homecoming.
- As we see images of ISIS raising black flags all over Syria and Iraq ~ threatening to kill more American hostages and take over our country, this age-old Scripture brings me tremendous comfort:
In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his resting place will be glorious. In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the surviving remnant of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the Mediterranean. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth. Isaiah 10:10-12- Basden in her element getting to hold and meet new-born Blakely in Tulsa
- Essie and sweet friends ~ she's got such a great class (grade) of girls ~ a gift.
- First PHS Howdy dance
|Somehow this fit with the neon theme?|
|our little #3|
|Later that night, Essie asked, "Mom, are we gonna talk about my game now like you and dad always talk with Bran and Hud after their games?"|
- Bran's first Young Life meeting (lots of firsts this week!) as a high school student. And - Nickomo, Nickmo, Nickmo.
|Love these two. Makes us even more thankful for Ward and Jen.|
- "I will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in Me." Isaiah 26:3
- "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles... 1 Chronicles 16:11-12