- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:8-10
- Lunch with mom yesterday, and her reserving the San Marcos property for Thanksgiving. Praying it's a great get-away for our big family.
- Watching Corbin laugh hard at Bran’s antics - makes me so happy, and makes Bran feel very loved.
- Katie Kittenheart. One of my heroes. Even better after all of these years reading again with my girls.
- Essie making finger shadows on the pages as I'm trying to read. As Daboo says, Essie is "too full of fun."
- Weekend with the Stoevers - so grateful for these family friends! Bran finally getting to meet Cade; Taylor looking at TCU for next year; Essie & Cody two peas in a pod; Essie's response in seeing Taylor (jumping in her arms!); Nick, Katie & YL leaders here for fajita dinner dinner after game; dar-ling Colt (with Essie's drums).
- TCU's first game. Corbin and I didn't go, but all the kids got invites from friends.
|Thank you, Rooneys, for thinking of our girls - what fun!|
- John's bright yellow gerber daisies and thank you note. Not necessary at all, but so thoughtful.
- Basden almost eleven. Despite the evidence that she's maturing and growing up, she is still very much our little girl.
- Jace and his vision. And his influence for Fort Worth through Young Life.
|Motivating TCU leaders as they start off a new year|
- A garage I can park my car in.
- Bran’s upbeat spirit. I think going back to school, seeing friends, and having structure is so good for him.
- The way the boys have been interacting - as real friends. Last night Bran came out, put his arm around Hud, and they walked off by the pool talking about something. Hud is growing up, and Bran recognizes it.
- The way Hud’s mind thinks ~ Looking up science YouTube projects; figuring out our new watches; getting out all the tools to put up pool house curtains.
- An official end to our Reds summer ~ Coach Bescher was pretty moved with his gift from the families. And grateful to Blake Brockermeyer for vision and follow through.
- Both Bran and Hud waking early for football without complaining. Yikes.
- Mama and Papa's new cabin - major progress! Counting the days til Christmas in Angel Fire...
|A preview of many times to come|