Practicing Gratitude 5.30.14

- Time with Paige and her new family. We wouldn't have guessed 22 years ago (!) sitting around in our Kanakuk (Kanakomo) cabin that we'd be getting our families together all these years later for a Memorial Day breakfast. Or maybe we would have.

- An afternoon with the Gerrishes

Amazing Corbin. Just a few hours after our pancake breakfast with Paige and Gregg, he was at it again, setting up a full buffet for Memorial Day lunch. He makes it look so easy.
What great people ~ all of them!
Ga Ga for all ages
Allison keeping up just fine
No competitive spirits here
So, so grateful for Luke, Vince and Paul. A privilege to call them friends.
- Essie reading Peter Rabbit books to me in bed ~ her sweet little voice that's still so young

- Bran's comment driving on 8th Ave past Baylor All Saints hospital ~ overwhelmed thinking of so many suffering people right in that concentrated area of hospital district. Grateful for his tender heart. Or perhaps his hypochondria bent (!)

- Summer still lurking just around the corner... but swim weather is HERE


- Essie and Harrison


- Mom and Dad's anniversary this week - 44 years!

- Papa and Mama's anniversary this week - 45 years!

- Driving up and seeing them dressed like this - both in poodle skirts ~ waiting for me so I can watch their "show"


- Block party - Bran and John helping our adventurous neighbor on the slackline at his request - even though his wife said no!


- Basden's 4th grade awards ceremony ~ complete with an ironic "perfect attendance" mix-up!


- A very startled Bran (and Hud) woken from deep sleep as three men and a 6' tall gorilla crashed into their room and woke them by grunting and jumping on Bran's bed at 6:15 last Tuesday morning. To say that our church high school leaders surprised Branson is an understatement. Still giggling as I type this...

- Feeling protective over a friend's child's feelings. Helpless, but trusting the Lord to work it for good.

- Hud's 6th grade awards ceremony - the culmination of a zillion hours he poured into schoolwork this year






- Getting to host Basden's end-of-year class party ~ sweet kids from Mrs. Jenkins' class
 

Brooke life-guarding for us. All grown up as a U of A SOPHOMORE. I remember her well at Essie's age. Another reminder of this quick passage of time.
We are loving Ga-ga!
- Summer baseball in full swing... no pun intended


My fav thing about this pic - Bran in uniform by the dugout, hollering advice to Hud on 1st base
A common sight
Another common sight ~ the little sisters entertaining themselves
- Basden in FishStix (5th & 6th group at church) - none to soon for her.


- This Scripture. That it's backwards to my thinking, and that the truth of it is actually quite liberating. But desiring weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, etc. does not come naturally:
To keep me from becoming conceited... there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Cor 12:7

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles...   1 Chronicles 16:11-12

Comments