Practicing Gratitude 3.29.13

- Crystal's birthday! 7+ years as a James, and our three precious little James cousins growing up in Bozeman



- “Thank you that I can give myself up to be led by You... that I can go forth praising and at rest, letting You manage me and my day... that I can joyfully depend on You throughout the day, expecting You to guide, to enlighten, to reprove, to teach, to use, and to do in me and with me what You desire... that I can count on Your working in me and through me as a fact, totally apart from sight or feeling... that I can go forth praising and at rest, believing You and obeying You and ceasing from the burden of trying to manage myself without Your wisdom and power.” - Treasury of Praise

- Esther's “I miss you super so much” texts

- Being able to buy a gift card for someone who might need it ~ simply having the resources to do that. A privilege.

- My new (to me) car

- A slow rainy Friday ~ choosing to rest in front of the fireplace

- Hot pepper sandwich mix

- Silhouette of purple-blue mountains ahead. T minus 2 hours to the lodge!


- Deer sauntering across the Cimarron Highway, an indifferent welcome to the mountains

- A week of family AND good friends in Angel Fire



Raleigh, Bran and Coulter - a treat to ski with friends!

- Precious cousins




- That our kids get to call the mountains a second home!


- Ice skating in Taos - best bang for your buck and a great way to entertain a lot of kids for a couple hours

I got generous, big grins each time they circled around

This one is growing up TOO fast
Esther has no idea what a kind, patient big sister God gave her!
Sweetest (funniest!) thing!
As pretty as she is, her heart is prettier
Bran skated so I didn't have to  :)
- What Hud and Foster chose over ice skating
 

- April’s song, still played nearly every morn as I get dressed ~ my hope truly is in You, Lord, ALL the day long...

- Uncle Charles' homemade turkey jerkey from Alabama - YUM


- Corbin's willingness to help me with projects around the house (although in this case, he was a little perplexed that I chose the BRICK wall for a gallery wall) ~ hanging some of the treasures I'm uncovering in this clean-out process


- Track meets for our middle school ~ a new sport to us ~ neat to watch all these kids compete. A quick season - already over!



- Continued softball coaching from Dad and Hud


- Basden bats 1000 in her scrimmage!
First time ever to play softball
- Redbuds blooming
A happy sign of spring's arrival...
- This cutie in cousin in Georgia ~ and Daboo's creativity!


My 24-hour get-away with Lisa last week to their ranch:
- That we actually did it! Have talked about it for literally years now, finally made it happen
- Ordering the same burgers at Kinkaid’s, but one dry and one fully loaded (guess who ordered which?!)
- Peanut butter -chocolate Haagen Daaz ice cream. No leftovers.
- Watching Anna Karenina, and pausing every few minutes to discuss the film’s genre (still not sure)
- Moving bunk beds from the barn to the guest room. Going from thinking we could just carry them, to fully taking them apart with a wrench (ratchet??), and getting them set up in the guest room as twins
- Eating our pizza and pot pie in stadium chairs on the porch, overlooking the lake; the setting so peaceful and gorgeous that it naturally demanded a few minutes of silence from our chatter just to take it in
- Successfully building a fire without newspapers or a fire log
- Watching American Idol at 3:00 in the afternoon. Who does that?!

 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles...   1 Chronicles 16:11-12

Comments