Practicing Gratitude 10.30.12

- What's been playing pretty constantly in my mind (and on my ipod) the past few weeks - April Geesbreght's "My Hope is in you Lord - ALL the day long"

I meet with You and my soul sings out
As your word throws doubt far away
I sing to You and my heart cries
"Holy! Hallelujah, Father, You're near!"

My hope is in You, Lord

All the day long, I won't be shaken by drought or storm
A peace that passes understanding is my song
And I sing my hope is in You, Lord


- Getting to have dinner with my big brother in Dallas


- Three fall sports down, one to finish up (at least for the boys)

- Keeping the communication light, even when the subject matter felt heavy

- Trey and Chris and their buddies in India this week - dying to hear their stories

These guys are awesome
 - Amy and Crystal cheering them on to go

- Happy, easy mornings

- And the hard ones (thankful in all things...)

- The ladies of First Baptist Cleburne, getting to meet Jennifer, a spontaneous slumber party and midnight Mexican feast (and be reminded why we're not out at 1:00 am)


- Overnight at the lake - Corbin's perch with his girls

 

- Moms who gather here each Monday morn, and at Lori's on Thursdays to pray for our schools

- An antique key for perseverance. Two years of a difficult situation has come to an end. And he is stronger (by God's grace, not crushed) because of it. Wisdom to know how much is too much, and how much is not.

- Her tumbling pass


- I so admire the way his brain works, the ways he uses his spare minutes


- Adding weights to the barbell, and expecting them to push back (thx, Cappy!)

- Conversations about school, teachers, shifting perspectives, and what God might have for all of us to learn through it

- Sending them off in the mornings with a light heart

- Not a great pic, but a memory that makes me smile - big and little wrestling on the couch


- She is LOVING 3rd grade science... and this homemade goo???!


- Finishing a gratifying Panther football season. Coach Bostick & Coach McCutchen - two men you want coaching your boys
Hud's on back row, next-to-end on left
Hud's on the bottom of the dogpile after catching an interception to end the game
A hard-fought final game
- Mrs. Sherry, what her heart for the girls, and all that energy to keep them cheering!
 

Esther loves cheerleading so much. Her "cheer cards" show up all around the house.
- Raiders finish with a championship. What fun to see these boys continue to gel as a team, such a great group of kids and parents. A privilege to be part of it. Coach Thomas and Hardgrove - two more amazing coaches.


- That Halloween is almost over (!) And seriously, The Daniel's Spooky Manor... just when you think you know someone!
   

 - Happy happy 42 years to my precious husband!

Yum! Thanks, Cappy and Daboo!
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles...   1 Chronicles 16:11-12

Comments

Krista Sanders said…
Read this last week and forgot to comment! Love these pictures of every day. I cannot pick a favorite but maybe just maybe -- the one of oldest and youngest on the couch. I love the Wilsons. ; )