Practicing Gratitude 9.18.12

Pass me not, O gentle Savior
Hear my humble cry
While on others Thou art smiling,
Do not pass me by.

Let me at a throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief
Kneeling there in deep contrition
Help my unbelief

Savior, Savior,
hear my humble cry
While on others Thou art calling
Do not pass me by.

This is my prayer this morning. That even with my sin, my busyness, my distractions, my anger or frustrations with others... even when my spirit feels anything but rested and refreshed... please, Savior, do not pass me by. I cry out for your presence today, asking humbly that you will be WITH me, near to me.


- My spirit when it's unyielding, prideful, wanting my own way, stubborn. That you care enough to continue challenging me to lay it all down.

- That you are the repairer of the breech, the rebuilder of walls, maker of beauty from ashes. Beauty from what was dead.

- Dad getting to go to the writer's conference, his love (and gift) for writing

- Uncle Richard and the laughter and fullness he has brought our family over the years. That you will protect him and be with him

- Bran's first football game tonight, 7th grade "school" football.




- Brett and his commitment to CCBC 5th grade boys. Demonstrated here by bringing a chilck-fil-a tray of nuggets for school lunch


- Jeff's reminder in our kitchen the other night - grounding.

- Another year with Krista (happy birthday, dear friend!)


- Esther's pretty handwriting


- Your inexhaustible care and concern, and for the security and stability they give me.

- 5th grade friends to head to a church events


- Our 2nd weekly Moms in Prayer meeting, rests my heart and refocuses my vision for school and our teachers. A gift to share that time with other school moms.

- Lori's leadership and commitment to Moms in Prayer and Bible study all these years

- Hudson, always at work with his hands (hard to see the little oragami bird he's holding - he made a whole swan family that evening in the time it took me to prepare dinner)



- Corbin packing school lunches

- Good grades (and the not-so-good ones ~ praising you for it all)

- Corri coming to my rescue in the Tom Thumb parking lot last week with all six of our kids in the car, and then later not thinking I am crazy (or at least not telling me)

- Her fav way to practice spelling words


- Seeing so many women at both our elementary and middle school, volunteering their time and resources and energy, many of whom work outside of their home as well. Amazing to see the generosity and creativity they freely give.

- Getting to host a middle school church swim party





- Read to Win. Brilliant initiative, precious volunteer coaches.

-  That You are my Strength, my Champion, my Defender. You promise to restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish me.


Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles...   1 Chronicles 16:11-12



Comments