Auntie Cam's Granola

 
Oh my gosh. This is so super yummy, I cannot tell you. Auntie Cameron greeted us with this warm-from-the-oven granola this summer, and it is to die for. I made a triple batch Saturday morning, and it barely lasted 48 hours. I have a feeling as the novelty wears off with my kiddos (and myself!) it may last longer, but wow.


Auntie Cam's Granola

1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp cinnamon

optional:
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup fresh dates, sliced
1 cup oats

Combine nuts, coconut, and fruit in bowl.
Whisk together oil, honey, and cinnamon
Pour oil - honey mixture over nut mix (let little hands mix well!)
Spread into single layer on slightly oiled baking sheet
Bake one hour at 275 degrees, stirring every 15 min to prevent burning.

Wonderful to eat loose, as part of a trail mix, or with yogurt or milk.
Once you've made a batch, feel free to play with the nuts to include your favs - just make sure to keep sliced almonds and coconut flakes as your base. Also, Cameron makes it gluten-free without the oats, but I added oats to mine to simply stretch the volume.

So yummy - Enjoy!

Comments

hhj said…
I can't wait to make this- since I've been back its been all costco premade everything!
Krista Sanders said…
Me too Leslie! Can't wait to make it! Then I can say "I made granola" and feel really cool. Like TJ.
TJ Wilson said…
KDS - two words for you: smarty pants.
Jenna Anderson said…
about to walk into trader joes to pick up the ingredients... can't wait to make. planning to use dried cherries in mine :) also- TJ, our traders carries gluten free oats- so that'd be an option as well if you wanted