Practicing Gratitude... 2.20.12

- Such great people running our elementary school. Just really kind people.

- My husband's email response to me... always giving me grace


- Offering gratitude when I don't feel like it (this week specifically - when things don't go the way I want them to for one of my children)


- Stack of Christmas cards from friends - represents people and families we love so much

- Offers to help

- My comfy (and pretty) desk chair

- Hud playing dominoes with Papa

- What we're all trying to learn


- Celebrating Daboo's birthday with Luke & Julie and family



 

- That YOU, Father, will carry the burdens of my loved ones

- Dinner and games with my Mom's group - what sweet friends

- The way she dresses herself (here for Valentines Day)


- Feeling stretched with home and dogs... practicing patience... that the goal is not a completed/ furnished/ decorated house, but joy and gratitude and contentment in the midst

- Letting Essie sleep in a little on a school morning

- Leigh Anne Tuohy and how hard she made us laugh and think

- That he gets to play with this team


- And that he's got these precious people cheering him on


- Basden's first haiku, inspired by watching wind boarders on frozen Eagle Nest Lake with her cousins (Granny would be so proud):
Freezing, crunchy ice
Happy girls swirling on top
cold fish swim below


Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles...   1 Chronicles 16:11-12


Comments

his said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista Sanders said…
Basden’s words are beautiful....
and you are right-- this new comment clarification is complicated!
Alyssa said…
I love Essie's creativity on display in choosing her outfit. And I loved your Valentine's Day card!
nikki said…
love your grateful heart...and i need to see this desk chair!!