Swine Break '09

I've gotten a few calls and e-mails from my friends from afar asking how we're faring with the swine flu here in Fort Worth. With our school closed for more than a week, we were quite grateful to see that the potential epidemic wasn't as far-reaching as it might have been. While I regret that it affected many families in and around our town, we thoroughly enjoyed the week off. It was a little gift of summer - without the heat!

We headed to the park that first day off with some friends. Incidentally, ABC's World News Tonight cameras showed up and included us in that evening's segment as the moms doing exactly what we weren't supposed to be doing - ignoring the school's effort to keep kids separated. Oops.


The kids and I went to my parents' for a few days, and it was a great way to break up the week. Corbin was out of town with work, so we played in the creek, and the boys built make-believe houses in the attic while the girls dove into Daboo's dress up trunk.



While at Bourland (Mom & Dad's neighborhood), we enjoyed an evening with our friends the Schaefers. Sam & Campbell were generous to bring a cake & make our vacation official:

And while the schools shut down, baseball didn't. Thanks to my friend Teri Queen for these amazing pics!


Finally, a few photos from Mother's day - lunch here at the house before heading out to University Little League - what better way to spend Mother's Day? Acutally, there's not much I enjoy more than sitting in the stands watching my boys!

Look at this ah-mazing mom!! Happy Mother's Day to you, Daboo, you really are amazing and beautiful and easy to be with. Besides that, I don't know how I'd manage our kiddos (& life) without you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh - and this is good, too! Love the cake.
Love the pics of your parents, too. They are so dear to me.
Amy A.
Alyssa said…
Great pics of the whole family! So glad you made the most of your time off!
Krista Sanders said…
LOVE these pictures!!! The one of Branson smiling from the mound- Wow. Did you teach Basden to stand that way? Of course you did!
nikki said…
so fun to read! love your mother's day dress!!! the pics of bran are amazing- looks like sports illustrated!
Alyssa said…
Great pictures! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time off!
the family said…
Hey girl! I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I love the book reviews... many of the books I have read too and I love to see another person's view on them as well. I would to catch up with you this summer - have a great day!
amy laird