In a Pit with Lion on a Snowy Day


Have you read this?
If so, would love to hear your thoughts.
Of all the books I read in '08, this stands out most.
Don't know if it's the absolute best literature I read, but I'm putting it down as most memorable. And most invigorating.
I really, really like Mark Batterson's writing and viewpoint. I think he's interesting and insightful and courageous and just plain smart.
So if you - or anyone you know - need a jump start to get out there and JUST DO IT, this book's for you.
Batterson has a new book out as well, Wild Goose Chase. My favorite thing about that book is that it's dedicated to Dick Foth. If you were at Mt. Hermon in 2007, you'd appreciate Batterson all the more for hanging onto such a fantastic mentor and friend.
Ok, enjoy - and hang in there with chasing that lion!

Comments

Alyssa said…
Ever since you mentioned this book last year, I've been dying to read it. I need to get on it.
Krista Sanders said…
Want to hear more--more of why. Trust you, but want to know more.
Anonymous said…
Hey, I work with the Threads team, a community and resource provider for young adult ministry. Mark partnered with Threads to write his Bible study based on a In a Pit called Chase the Lion. He is also writing the Threads study called Chase the Goose (releasing in May) based on Wild Goose Chase. Just thought you might be interested (threadsmedia.com/studies), thanks! Have a great week.
Anonymous said…
Want to read this one. I LOVED Wild Goose Chase.