Cold Tangerines



Agh!!! I LOVE this book!
First, I love the layout. A collection of 4-5ish page essays, easy & entertaining to read whenever and wherever.
Second, I love Niequist's insights into the spiritual snippets of every day life. She dives deep into the motives and intentions of her heart and describes with refreshing honesty how God creates beauty in the midst of chaos.
Third, this is a funny girl. Laugh-out-loud, oh-my-gosh funny. I cannot get over the way her brain thinks, her outrageous metaphors and similes, and her witty thought processes. Niequist is relatable and quirky and self-deprecating and clever. And quite intelligent.
Read a few chapters here to get a taste of Cold Tangerines.
Enjoy, and know that as you’re laughing out loud and wiping away tears, you will be richer for the reading.

Comments

Krista Sanders said…
Hope the author finds this review. Okay-- one more book to add to my list. Your next post should be "How to Read 1000 Books in 20 Minute Snippets".
Anonymous said…
TJ -
I love that you love books. It takes me back to our days on Collins 5th floor and beyond. I will purchase Cold Tangerines as soon as I can.
Laughed aloud on your post about your trip to San Antone. I can so identify.
Look forward to our next phone conversation! Love you!
Amy A.
Anonymous said…
Good stuff TJ.
Add Three Cups of Tea to list of "books to read when I'm done wiping noses, not looking for the elusive lost sock or cleaning cheerios, assorted legos and a mangy crust of break from under the sofa."
nikki said…
i am so glad you liked it!
TJ Wilson said…
K - hey there amiga.
AAS - HI!!!!! missing you, fellow reader and sister.
Schaeffers - missing you too. Hope to visit on a park bench next week. 3 cups of tea looks amazing!
Nik - it's all because of you...
so glad that you are liking this book tj! i'm going to email shauna and tell her to check out your review. i loved it as well.