Blogging from Napa

So here we are in Napa Valley for a few days... in Corbin-esque fashion, I had no idea where we were headed until we arrived at the airport early Wednesday morning. While getting coffee in the terminal (at the crack of dawn), I heard the flight attendant call out "Gate 36, now pre-boarding for San Jose airport." Ah-ha...my first clue.
We spent the childless flight reading magazines, arrived in San Jose to rent a very fun silver Mustang convertible, and headed north on 101 to San Francisco.

Highlights:
- a very hot Peet's Coffee au lait
- cool breezes, enough to pull out my sweater
- ferry ride to Sausalito, with a yummy italian lunch & a great boutiques
- passed Alcatraz on the ferry ~ what an intriguing place
- Pier 39 & Fisherman's Wharf (hadn't been there since Kirsten & Brandon's wedding 10 years ago)
- people watching, people watching, people watching
- Union Square - wow! Thank the Lord for a husband who enjoys shopping!
- Coffee & Ipods everywhere...even couples walking hand-in-hand wore headphones while holding a cup of Starbucks
- Dinner at Sam's Grill in downtown San Francisco, a really cool seafood place with individual rooms per table. My seabass was better than Corbin's sole, but barely.
- Driving north to Napa Valley, where we'll spend the next few days. Corbin is in a conference here for work, so I get some much-anticipated quiet time. (Thank you, thank you, Mama & Papa!!)
More updates to come...

Comments

spaghettipie said…
So what'd you buy?
(I'm living vicariously through you until the end of this month...)
Blue Skies said…
OOOH TJ, I've always been so glad for you when you get to take those great Corbin planned get-aways. I should put a bug in Mike's ear.... Enjoy your time away! I'm sure you are much deserving. Happy Belated birthday (or is it anniversary?).
Alyssa said…
TJ - Could you get me some seafood take-out from Scoma's on fisherman's wharf and some Italian take-out from Michaelangelo's or Mona Lisa's??? Eat your heart out while you are there!
TJ Wilson said…
Spag - let's just say we're not on the same fast as you guys this month - food or $$! Thinking of you with every cup of coffee I order...
Blue Skies - this is anniversary, coinciding with a work seminar. :) Good to be in touch, friend!
BITS - Wish I could bring you the take-out...the food truly is amazing!