Birthday Girl




Our baby girl turned one a few days ago... I've had a full week and haven't slowed down much to think through how I feel about this milestone birthday. It's a little more "milestone-ish" than normal for me, just knowing that this is our last "1st birthday" to celebrate.
I caught part of an interview last week with Martin Sheen, and when asked how he felt about raising 4 kids, he responded, "The only regret I have about having 4 kids is that we didn't have 4 more."
Absolutely.
When I look at these precious children, part Corbin and part me, all so different yet all very "James/Wilson" - I can imagine the joy it would be to add even more to the mix.
So I asked Corbin what he thought about Sheen's comment, and he smiled that little smile that told me he his cup more than runneth over.
Then I considered Esther's unbelievable ability to screech louder than should be humanly possible (she really has to clear her throat after screeching, even happy screeching... she can - and does - turn every head in a restaurant), and I find myself smiling that same little smile as Corbin's...

Comments

Alyssa said…
It's hard to believe that Esther is a year old! No more nursery class for her at church anymore.
:(
TJ Wilson said…
BITS - yes, hard to believe. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a quiet, murmuring demeanor comes with her maturity...
spaghettipie said…
Happy Birthday, Esther!

Okay, seriously, if our girls become friends, I think they might be T-R-O-U-B-L-E...
meh said…
TJ, Spaghettipie's blog sent me to you and it is such fun to see the picture of your family and read your great blogs!! You probably have no clue who this is, but we moved way up north over a year ago, and once upon a time we were in small group together. If all else fails, contact spaghettipie!!
TJ Wilson said…
MEH - What a fun surprise to hear from you! You have no idea how often I think of you, pulling me aside at that marriage retreat (do you remember this?) and saying, "Everyone will tell you 4 is the same as 3, but I'm here to tell you it's not the same!" We had no idea we'd have 4 at the time, but you are RIGHT, sister. What a ride!
Blue Skies said…
I can't believe I found you! In a roundabout way through Kellie's blog I noticed a TCBC list that had TJ listed on it. Sure that it must be you I peeked in. I'm so glad to see your sweet family posted. Happy Birthday to little Esther (whom I've never seen). I can just hear your voice right through your post. Hugs my friend!