Learning Cents


I spent a little time yesterday talking money with my 5-year old son, Hudson. He has accumulated a little stash from gifts and the tooth fairy, and I attempted to help him divide his goods into piles for spending, saving and giving.
He wasn't a fan.
He was ok with spending, and even saving, but the giving away part really bothered him.
I had not anticipated that response (I'm a slow learner).
So we put the money aside and came back to it later, giving Hud some time to think on things without getting upset. He still wanted to know how he would get more money once he gave the dedicated amount away. I assured Him that God would provide more, especially if he gave with a cheerful heart.
Hudson paused for a moment, then looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Are you sure about all this? I really think money just comes down from the sky or something."

Comments

spaghettipie said…
Love Hud's haircut, and it will be so fun to look back at these little comments you're capturing one day.

Maybe you should tell him the truth: money grows on trees, it doesn't fall out of the sky...