- Basden's sensitivity to Corbin's stress / disappointment with work.
- Thicker skin for me.
- SKYLAR!! About to be "3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Skylar."
- A resolve to be united with those who sometimes prove frustrating or difficult.
- Our backyard.
- Whirlwind week of school activities ~ before school even starts. Thursday night AND Friday morning we were at all three schools. Ready or not, here we come!
- Getting into routine of school schedules. As much as I love summer and lack of routine, we're all created for seasons and rhythms.
- Summer ~ the friendships and fun it provides.
- Cute girls and their art projects.
- Sunday afternoon playdates.
- Hud's fish from Missouri ~ and that Corbin knows how to cook it (!)
- Funny girl.
- My breakfast team. Corbin got up early and made the pancake batter before going in to work, and I came down to find Basden cooking it up. I've trained them well.
- The view from my kitchen window.
- These two, troopers running errands in the heat of August days.
- Esther and her "school room." She's completely taken over the sunroom. Working diligently on organizing her files.
- She found this blank paper in a stack of old school papers and filled it in for this summer. Truth.
|She even drew ULL against San Antonio (Hud's last game at State), complete with 1st and 3rd base coaches|
- Not sure by the clothes exactly what they were playing, but they're darling.
- Basden officially in "Fishxtix." Swim party ~ the real, huge pool is across the yard. But I found them in this one.
- Papa taking Hud and Foster (And Uncle Alan) on their "13th" fishing trip in Branson, MO.
- Basden's favorite pastime.
- Celebrating Avie's 8th birthday in Austin with their daddies. Special trip they've been looking forward to all summer.
|BFF heart necklace. Essie gave one to Avie for her b-day, and Avie gave one to Essie for the party gift. Great minds think alike.|
|Stop in Waco at Baylor -Sic 'Em!|
|Happy happy 8th to you both!|
- That she melts our hearts.
- These playmates ~ so thankful they have each other.
- Some quiet nights last week. No late movies, no tv. Just everyone going to bed with restful hearts.
- C’s work, and how difficult the situation has become. That you continually strengthen him, and encourage him that he is a LIGHT. That you (most of the time) keep me from bitterness.
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles... 1 Chronicles 16:11-12