- Not long enough with the Keisters at their home in Amarillo!
- How much more we all enjoy road trips now that the kids are a bit older
- 3 full days of skiing. No accidents, a whole lotta fun, and super pretty (sunny!) weather on the 3rd day.
|Family pic. With Mommy in my helmet. Safety trumps vanity.|
|Trying to keep up with Nettie, Esther, & Basden|
- Corbin buying all of our lift tickets and rentals, and our AMAZING food and lodging.
- Driving home from a full day on the slopes to home cooked meals - that I didn’t cook (thank you Cam, Mama & Corrina!)
- That our three days on the slopes are over ~ now we get to relax!!
- Papa’s coffee ~ always ready for me
- Cousins playing, playing, playing
- Snowmobiles and snow scoots that don’t stop, even when the sun goes behind the mountains.
- The boys figuring out teamwork in helping each other “unstick” snowmobiles
- Encouraging words overheard from one skier to another (“Nettie, I think you’re the best skier on this mountain.” “Basden, I think you’re the best skier from Texas on this mountain.”
- This dress and how it makes its rounds
- Papa Santa ~ steady Christmas morning appearances now for 42+ years and counting
|Tons of fun, but we are missing our Seattle cousins!|
|Cousins surrounding Papa Santa, circa 2003|
- 4 days (and counting) of not writing a daily to-do list = relaxing week
- Corrina’s generous smile, generous gifts, and generous service
- Adorable pants from Mama under the tree
- Pate’s big grins. And the fact that she’s potty trained at 18 months!
- Listening to Bran’s excitement about his Christmas gift ~ an upcoming fishing trip with Papa
- Papa’s coffee (have I already mentioned that?!)
- Our own spot in the loft
- Bran putting Essie to bed
- Gingerbread houses and Christmas trains
- Comfy rocker in front of the stove upstairs
- 4 new inches of new snow (twice this week)
- Our little hidden bench to the right of this tree where Corbin asked me to marry him exactly 17 years ago. The ground was covered in snow like this, but the acreage sat empty except for the (abandoned, scary) Hunter's Cabin. What a beautiful spot this is for us, full of memories and legacy that we never imagined, thankful we get to be a part of Eagle Mountain Lodge even living so many miles away
|Hunter's cabin. Re-built years ago by Clinton and friends. Dreamy and cozy, but even more so laden with snow|
- Hud sporting his new t-shirt (and his ability to snowboard!)
|Hud going off a jump with Foster watching, his blue plaid jacket keeps him hidden in the trees|
- Chris Wolfe’s text. That we won’t understand this side of Heaven. But that we choose to trust you as Author of Life.
- Breathtaking beauty
|Why they call it Angel Fire|
|Papa and Daddy Corbin resting a moment after a snowmobile rescue|
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles... 1 Chronicles 16:11-12